Base health increased, base armor increased. R cooldown decreased.
While she saw a lot of time in the spotlight last season, Ahri disappeared when her mains needed her most, partly because of the nerfs she saw going into Worlds. Even after one buff she’s still having a hard time keeping up with her competition, struggling to find positive trades or use her Spirit Rush aggressively. We’re slightly increasing her base durability so she has an easier time in lane before roaming like the free fox she is.
- Base Health: 570 ⇒ 590
- Base Armor: 18 ⇒ 21
R – Spirit Rush
- Cooldown: 140/115/90 seconds ⇒ 130/105/80 seconds
Passive ally heal increased. Q AP scaling increased. W AP scaling increased.
Despite our best intentions, Alistar lost out last patch. Turns out his teamfight healing is pretty important. For those of you who are fans of Wizard Cow, he doesn’t appear to be very good as a mage and we’re not intending for that to be the case any time soon. These AP ratio buffs are simply to make stat shards and other sources of Ability Power feel good.
Passive – Triumphant Roar
- Ally Heal: 6% of Alistar’s maximum health ⇒ 7% of Alistar’s maximum health (Note: This is approximately equal to pre-patch teammate heal values.)
Q – Pulverize
- Magic Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+70% AP) ⇒ 60/100/140/180/220 (+80% AP)
W – Headbutt
- Magic Damage: 55/110/165/220/275 (+90% AP) ⇒ 55/110/165/220/275 (+100% AP)
Health growth decreased, armor growth decreased. W percent health damage decreased.
Amumu is an incredibly strong jungler, specifically in lower skill levels. His late game baseline power tends to disproportionately affect that bracket, so we’re looking to address that skill skew with these changes. His support gameplay will catch some stray nerfs here, which is fine since he’s also quite powerful there.
- Health Growth: 100 ⇒ 94
- Armor Growth: 4.2 ⇒ 4.0
W – Despair
- Magic Damage per Tick: 6/8/10/12/14 (+1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2% (+ 0.25% per 100 AP) of target maximum health ⇒ 6/8/10/12/14 (+ 1/1.15/1.3/1.45/1.6% (+0.25% per 100 AP) of target maximum health
Health growth decreased, armor growth decreased.
Outside of one rather blue man, Anivia’s been one of the biggest winners from the Seraph’s x Rod of Ages buffs. She’s now getting much more value out of her newfound durability, thriving against shorter ranged targets. We’re bringing down her durability scaling a bit in exchange for the newly found durability in her items. This should help opponents punish Anivia more when her cooldowns are, well… down.
- Health Growth: 96 ⇒ 92
- Armor Growth: 5.2 ⇒ 4.9
Base health decreased. E damage decreased. R cooldown increased.
Annie and Tibbers have made a big impact on the rift following their most recent gameplay updates. While we believe Annie deserves to be effective, she is overperforming relative to her peers in both Mid and Support, and could do with a little less power. We are aiming to bring down her base health pool to give opponents early counter-play, reduce her ambient damage from her shield, and limit the summon frequency of Tibbers now that he’s more of a threat on the Rift.
- Base Health: 594 ⇒ 560
E – Molten Shield
- Shield Retaliation Magic Damage: 30/45/60/75/90 (+ 40% AP) ⇒ 25/35/45/55/65 (+ 40% AP)
R – Summon: Tibbers
- Cooldown: 120/100/80 seconds ⇒ 130/115/100 seconds
Passive bonus attack speed increased.
Aphelios’ big brain doesn’t have quite enough wrinkles to find wins in solo queue nor enough fans in pro play. As such, Aphelios is receiving some relatively simple buffs. The choice of attack speed on his W rank up is to make the choice between attack speed and lethality a tight one, giving smart players one more avenue for optimizing their damage.
Passive – The Hitman and the Seer (Weapon Master)
- Bonus Attack Speed: 7.5/15/22.5/30/37.5/45% ⇒ 9/18/27/36/45/54%
Mana adjusted. W soldier recharge time increased. E damage increased. R damage increased.
After Kassadin and Ryze received nerfs earlier this year, Azir has become the go-to mid laner in pro play (imagine that), which is a throne the emperor has resided upon comfortably for years. These changes are meant to lower his oppressive early lane pressure and give him compensation that likely results in overall buffs in the hands of non-pros.
- Base Mana: 480 ⇒ 380
- Mana Growth: 21 ⇒ 36
W – Arise!
- Soldier Recharge Time: 9/8.25/7.5/6.75/6 seconds ⇒ 10/9/8/7/6 seconds
E – Shifting Sands
- Magic Damage: 60/90/120/150/180 (+ 40% AP) ⇒ 60/100/140/180/220 (+ 55% AP)
R – Emperor’s Divide
- Magic Damage: 175/325/475 (+ 60% AP) ⇒ 200/400/600 (+75% AP)
Armor growth increased. Q mana cost decreased, base damage increased. W mana cost decreased.
Cho’Gath is a champion that has fallen behind in the meta due to his lackluster late game presence where his damage falls off significantly and his mana costs make it hard for him to stay out on the map after a single fight. These changes are aimed at relieving some of these issues and making Cho feel better to play.
- Armor Growth: 4.7 ⇒ 5
Q – Rupture
- Mana Cost: 60 ⇒ 50
- Magic Damage: 80/135/190/245/300 (+100% AP) ⇒ 80/140/200/260/320 (+100% AP)
W – Feral Scream
- Mana Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 ⇒ 70/75/80/85/90
Q base damage decreased. Spiderling base damage decreased.
Elise has been lethal recently, and between her clear speed and potent first blood threat, she’s becoming the queen of the jungle instead of the queen of spiders. We’re reducing some base damage on her Q to curb first blood potential and tapping down spiderling damage to slow her clear a tad so she isn’t head and thorax above the competition.
Q – Venomous Bite
- Magic Damage: 70/105/140/175/210 (+8% (+3% per 100 AP) target’s missing hp) ⇒ 60/90/120/150/180 (+8% (+3% per 100 AP) target’s missing hp)
R – Spider Form
- Spiderling Magic Damage: 10/15/20/25 (levels 1/6/11/16) ⇒ 8/14/20/26 (levels 1/6/11/16)
W cooldown increased, shield strength AD scaling decreased.
Last patch we gave Jarvan a shiny new AD ratio which did wonders for his W. Unfortunately it also pushed him into the top tier of junglers. While we like his shield having some real power, we’re rolling back a bit of the buff last patch so he’s just a bit less durable when he’s snowballing a lead.
W – Golden Aegis
- Cooldown: 8 seconds ⇒ 9 seconds
- Shield Strength: 60/80/100/120/140 (+80% bonus AD) ⇒ 60/80/100/120/140 (+70% bonus AD)
Base health increased, health growth increased. E AP ratio adjusted, damage calculation adjusted. R passive on-hit damage decreased, bonus armor and magic resist decreased early.
Jax is intended to be a late game monster, but his recent update made him a bit too strong during his laning phase, especially once he gets a point into his new ultimate. We’re hitting his early game with a small nerf while leaving his powerful late game intact. We’re also adjusting his E so it’s more rewarding with the more attacks you dodge.
- Base Health: 685 ⇒ 665
- Health Growth: 99 ⇒ 100
E – Counter Strike
- newALL THE DAMAGE: Dodging attacks now increases the entire damage of the spell, no longer just the base damage.
- Minimum Magic Damage: 55/85/115/145/175 (+100% AP) (+4% of target’s maximum health) ⇒ 55/85/115/145/175 (+70% AP) (+4% of target’s maximum health)
- Maximum Magic Damage: 110/170/230/290/350 (+100% AP) (+4% of target’s maximum health) ⇒ 110/170/230/290/350 (+140% AP) (+8% of target’s maximum health)
R – Grandmaster-At-Arms
- Passive On-Hit Damage: 80/120/160 (+60% AP) ⇒ 60/110/160 (+60% AP)
- Bonus Armor for First Champion Hit: 25/45/65 (+40% bonus AD) ⇒ 15/40/65 (+40% bonus AD)
- Bonus Magic Resist for First Champion Hit: 15/27/39 (+24% bonus AD) ⇒ 9/24/39 (+24% bonus AD)
W cooldown decreased, armor scaling on W attacks increased.
Malphite’s sustained damage as a tank juggernaut is fairly underwhelming at the moment. So we’re aiming to keep his damage relevant throughout the game and allow him to have higher uptime on W for more powerful auto resets throughout a longer fight.
W – Thunderclap
- Cooldown: 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds ⇒ 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds
- Empowered Attacks Physical Damage: 30/45/60/75/90 (+20% AP) (+10% armor) ⇒ 30/45/60/75/90 (+ 20% AP) (+ 15% armor)
- Cone Physical Damage: 15/25/35/45/55 (+30% AP) (+15% armor) ⇒ 15/25/35/45/55 (+30% AP) (+20% armor)
Q damage increased. E cooldown increased, base damage decreased, AP ratio decreased, slow HP ratio increased, slow AP ratio decreased.
Maokai is way too strong right now and incredibly frustrating with his sapling bombs which are meant to be zoning/vision tools, NOT damage ones. While AP tree is a compelling build, there’s no risk to crafting a glass cannon when no one ever comes near to it. The Sapling cooldown nerfs will hit tank Maokai and he seems balanced at the moment, so we’re compensation buffing Bramble Smash.
Q – Bramble Smash
- Magic Damage: 70/120/170/220/270 (+2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3% of target’s maximum health) (+40% AP) ⇒ 70/120/170/220/270 (+2/2.5/3/3.5/4% of target’s maximum health) (+40% AP) (Note: This nets out at about a 7% damage increase.)
E – Sapling Toss
- Cooldown: 10 seconds ⇒ 14 seconds
- Magic Damage: 55/80/105/130/155 (+5% bonus health) (+35% AP) ⇒ 50/75/100/125/150 (+5% bonus health) (+25% AP) (Note: damage is still doubled when Saplings are placed in brush.)
- Brush Empowered Sapling Slow: 45% (+0.9% per 100 bonus health) (+4% per 100 AP) ⇒ 45% (+1% per 100 bonus health) (+1% per 100 AP)
Base armor increased. W mana cost decreased.
Orianna is still stuck as an understudy after her last round of buffs where we didn’t quite go far enough to make the buff meaningfully impactful. We’re giving her a teeny bit more power in hopes that the ballerina can finally, once again, take her shot at the main stage.
- Base Armor: 17 ⇒ 20
W – Command: Dissonance
- Mana Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 ⇒ 60/65/70/75/80
Passive bonus AD scaling adjusted, now deals 50% of bonus damage to towers, stack resource bar added.
Riven is intended to be a very high mastery champion and we don’t think her current state is supporting a type of play that allows her to masterfully snowball her leads into wins. We’re getting rid of her atypical passive scaling to make it more early-skewed and less spikey, while letting her passive do a little extra damage to towers so she can be a more powerful side lane threat.
Passive – Runic Blade
- Bonus AD: 30/36/42/48/54/60% (levels 1/6/9/12/15/18) total AD ⇒ 30-60% (levels 1-18) (Note: Now scales linearly, gaining 1.75% bonus AD per level)
- newTIMBER: Runic Blade bonus damage is now applied to towers, but only deals 50% of the increased damage.
- newCheck out these stacks: Riven’s passive stacks are now shown as a resource bar (visible to self only).
Passive early movement speed reduced. R lifesteal effectiveness reduced.
Samira has been performing exceptionally well for several months now and her ban rate has skyrocketed. These changes are hopefully a win for everyone: those who are frustrated victims will be less frustrated and Samira mains will find she’s still strong but actually available to pick! Everyone’s happy!
Passive – Daredevil Impulse
- Movement Speed: 3.5% per stack ⇒ 1/2/3/4% per stack at levels 1/6/11/16
R – Inferno Trigger
- Life Steal Effectiveness: 66.7% ⇒ 50%
Attack ratio increased. R damage increased, cooldown decreased.
Senna has fallen behind in terms of strength and popularity lately and, on top of that, her core items are receiving nerfs this patch. These buffs aim to compensate for those power losses and give her some power in the rest of her kit. We’re buffing R’s cooldown and damage to make it more relevant as an offensive tool post-durability patch, and buffing Senna’s attack speed ratio to promote her build diversity through Kraken Slayer.
- Attack Ratio (Attack Speed per 100% bonus Attack Speed): 0.30 ⇒ 0.40
R – Dawning Shadow
- Physical Damage: 250/375/500 (+100% bonus AD) (+70% AP) ⇒ 250/400/550 (+115% bonus AD) (+70% AP)
- Cooldown: 160/140/120 seconds ⇒ 140/120/100 seconds
Q damage increased, cooldown decreased late. W cooldown adjusted, shield strength decreased. E damage increased.
Q>E>W is Thresh’s most popular yet least powerful skill build order. It’s currently optimal to max W early and Q late. E is cool. Thresh is at his best when he’s throwing out hooks, navigating short range combat, and overall controlling the battlefield (as opposed to primarily throwing out enhanced shields to his allies). These AP ratio buffs are essentially scaling damage buffs because he gets 1 AP per soul and these are here to give him some more choice in considering light AP itemization and runes.
Q – Death Sentence
- Magic Damage: 100/145/190/235/280 (+80% AP) ⇒ 100/150/200/250/300 (+90% AP)
- Cooldown: 19/17/15/13/11 seconds ⇒ 19/16.5/14/11.5/9 seconds (Note: Landing a Death Sentence still reduces its cooldown by 3 seconds.)
W – Dark Passage
- Cooldown: 22/20.5/19/17.5/16 seconds ⇒ 21/20/19/18/17 seconds
- Base Shield Strength: 50/75/100/125/150 ⇒ 50/70/90/110/130
E – Flay
- Magic Damage: 75/110/145/180/215 (+ 60% AP) ⇒ 75/115/155/195/235 (+ 70% AP)
Health growth decreased, base armor decreased. Q On-hit damage decreased. R increased slow decreased.
Since Udyr’s VGU, we’ve spent quite a few patches working on the power balance between each of his stance maxes as well as his overall power. As a result, his winrates for different stances have fluctuated greatly, but his overall winrate has been relatively stable. Now that we’re more happy about how each stance expresses power (Wilding Claw for AS/AD heavy DPS builds and Wingborne Storm for utility), we’re taking a bigger swing at Udyr’s total power level, which has been a cut above other junglers since Preseason.
- Health Growth: 98 ⇒ 92
- Base Armor: 34 ⇒ 31
Q – Wildling Claw
- Bonus Physical Damage On-Hit: 5/11/17/23/29/35 (+30% bonus AD) ⇒ 5/11/17/23/29/35 (+25% bonus AD)
R – Wingborne Storm
- Increased Slow: 25/28/31/34/37/40% ⇒ 20/23/26/29/32/35%
Q range increased. W range increased.
Veigar is a bit short on the winrate. While buffing his damage could definitely return him to his former glory, we want to avoid situations where Veigar outplays his opponents with a masterful Q+R display of skill. Instead, we’re giving the immobile mage a bit more leeway when farming and poking around dangerous enemies. He’ll still have to risk himself for big Event Horizons or Primordial Burst, but this should give him some nice breathing room in other situations.
Q – Baleful Strike
- Range: 950 ⇒ 1050
W – Dark Matter
- Range: 900 ⇒ 950
Q passive damage can now critically strike. R AD scaling increased.
We’re buffing Viego because he’s the king. On a more serious note, Viego’s been struggling to find more than just love recently with his declining solo queue and pro strength. Now that he’s in a weaker spot, we’re comfortable giving him some measured buffs to bring his power levels up a little in a way that will reward higher risk/higher reward builds. Hail to the king, baby!
Q – Blade of the Ruined King
- newShot Through the Heart: The passive damage from Q on basic attacks can now critically strike.
R – Heartbreaker
- Physical Damage: 12/16/20% (+3% per 100 bonus AD) of target’s missing health ⇒ 12/16/20% (+5% per 100 bonus AD) of target’s missing health
Demonic has been a strong contributor for enhanced clear speed times, especially on the likes of a few top tier picks like Maokai, Udyr, and Amumu. We’re now capping Demonic’s damage against monsters so it isn’t quite as effective
- newDon’t Gaze into the Jungle: Azakana’s Gaze is now capped at 40 damage per second against monsters.
Doran’s Shield is a very strong early game purchase for both tanks and fighters that makes a lot of champions feel less punishable than desired. This nerf aims to lower the passive healing without discouraging interaction based healing.
- Base Health Regeneration: 6 health per 5 seconds ⇒ 4 health per 5 seconds
Support Item Adjustments
Since the Durability Update, ranged supports have reigned supreme and melee supports have had to rely much more on finding early lane kills. Our goal with these changes is to even out the power of the two classes (alongside the champion specific buffs from 13.3) by more closely syncing the time supports get their ward upgrades and improving the balance of health regeneration and spell spamming in lane.
- Base Health Regeneration: 25% ⇒ 50%
- Base Health Regeneration: 50% ⇒ 75%
- Charge Generation Time: 10 seconds ⇒ 12 seconds
- Charge Generation Time: 10 seconds ⇒ 12 seconds
- Bonus Mana Regeneration: 50% ⇒ 25%
- Charge Generation Time: 10 seconds ⇒ 12 seconds
- Bonus Mana Regeneration: 75% ⇒ 50%
- Charge Generation Time: 10 seconds ⇒ 12 seconds
Shard of True Ice
- Bonus Mana Regeneration: 115% ⇒ 100%
- Base Health Regeneration: 25% ⇒ 50%
- Base Health Regeneration: 50% ⇒ 75%
Pro players are sometimes going Magical Footwear and selling the boots when they get them to use the gold to accelerate their mythic item purchases. This circumvents the original intent of the item (to grant you boots) so we want to bring down the power level of this particular strategy.
- newUsed Magic Discount: Magical Footwear will now only sell for 30% of the value of boots, 90 gold. Normal boots and tier 2 boots sell value is unchanged.
Treasure Hunter is far and away one of the best runes to pick up in your secondary rune tree for almost all champions. It is currently contributing to a lot of early snowballing, so we’re taking away some of the gold that helped it become a top-tier rune.
- Gold per Stack: 70+20 per Bounty Hunter Stack (550 gold total) ⇒ 50+20 per Bounty Hunter Stack (450 gold total)
Shelly’s range is fairly prohibitive for moving her into positions outside of the baron pit that you can use to your advantage. We’re removing her soft reset state where when patience ends and she runs back and can be picked up by the enemy team, so now on contested Shelly’s you can disengage and not lose your objective instantly to the enemy team.
- Leash Range: 1100 ⇒ 1200
- newShelly Ain’t Soft: Rift Herald no longer has a soft reset state and will hard reset when its patience runs out, immediately running back to its original position.
Lord Gromp is currently so durable that he’s very hard to counter jungle and his time tax on full clears is too high. We’re pulling down his durability a tad (which will scale his late game durability by even more).
- Base Health: 2200 ⇒ 2050
Early sustain in the jungle could use a helping hand, so we’re bringing it up just a tad. Remember, this is multiplied by up to x2.25 based on missing HP (which will happen many times in a clear).
- Base Heal from Monster Kills: 25 ⇒ 30
AP Junglers have a very generous ratio on their companion’s damage and now that the meta is dominated by these champions it seems that ratio is a bit too generous. Demonic Embrace after the changes to jungle HP scaling in preseason made it THE preeminent jungle clear item and put a lot of pressure on tank/bruiser junglers to purchase the item to clear effectively. It should still be a powerful spike for clearing and killing but shouldn’t be quite so overbearing in the PvE aspects of the jungle compared to other options and builds.
- Jungle Companion Damage: 16 (+ 10% bonus AD) (+ 15% AP) (+ 10% bonus armor) (+ 10% bonus magic resistance) (+ 3% bonus health) true damage ⇒ 16 (+ 10% bonus AD) (+ 12% AP) (+ 10% bonus armor) (+ 10% bonus magic resistance) (+ 3% bonus health) true damage
Early game League of Legends has become very snowbally. We’re paring down early leads from kills so that when someone gets ahead early into a game they don’t get so far ahead so fast.
- Level 1: 42 experience (15% of level) ⇒ 42 experience (15% of level)
- Level 2: 114 experience (30% of level) ⇒ 114 experience (30% of level)
- Level 3: 186 experience (39% of level) ⇒ 144 experience (30% of level)
- Level 4: 258 experience (44% of level) ⇒ 174 experience (30% of level)
- Level 5: 330 experience (49% of level) ⇒ 204 experience (30% of level)
- Level 6: 402 experience (52% of level) ⇒ 234 experience (30% of level)
- Level 7: 434 experience (49% of level) ⇒ 308 experience (35% of level)
- Level 8: 500 experience (51% of level) ⇒ 392 experience (40% of level)
- Level 9: 515 experience (48% of level) ⇒ 486 experience (45% of level)
- Level 10: 590 experience (50% of level) ⇒ 590 experience (50% of level)
Comeback Kill Experience
Especially in the jungle, kills could quickly swing players back into parity with opponents who are substantially ahead from other actions. Comeback mechanics in League are built to get you within a fighting chance of the opponent, but the comeback system on kills brought you up to their level. This shouldn’t be a major shift to leveling in league but it should mean level leads are a little bit stickier.
- Catchup Kill Experience Gained: 16% per level difference between you and the champion killed ⇒ 20% per level difference (beyond the first) between you and the champion killed
ARAM Balance Adjustments
- Aurelion Sol: Damage Dealt: 105% ⇒ 100%, Damage Received: 95% ⇒ 100%
- Mark/Dash (aka Snowball): You can now cast Mark while rooted. The Dash spell is still unusable while rooted however.
All ARAM Death Timers have been reverted to their 12.22 values.
- Level 3: 12 seconds ⇒ 10 seconds
- Level 4: 16 seconds ⇒ 12 seconds
- Level 5: 19 seconds ⇒ 14 seconds
- Level 6: 21 seconds ⇒ 16 seconds
- Level 7: 23 seconds ⇒ 18 seconds
- Level 8: 25 seconds ⇒ 20 seconds
- Level 9: 26 seconds ⇒ 22 seconds
- Level 10: 27 seconds ⇒ 24 seconds
- Level 11: 28 seconds ⇒ 26 seconds
- Level 12: 30 seconds ⇒ 28 seconds
- Level 13:32 seconds ⇒ 30 seconds
- Level 14: 34 seconds ⇒ 32 seconds
- Level 15: 36 seconds ⇒ 34 seconds
- Level 16: 38 seconds ⇒ 36 seconds
- Level 17: 40 seconds ⇒ 38 seconds
- Level 18: 42 seconds ⇒ 40 seconds
Clash – Bilgewater Cup
The first Clash tournament of the year is coming up next month! Here’s a look at the upcoming Bilgewater Cup dates:
- Weekend 1 Registration Begins: March 6 @ 11:00 AM (Local Time)
- Weekend 1 Tournament Days: March 11 and 12 (~4-7 PM Local, varies by region)
- Weekend 2 Registration Begins: March 20 @ 11:00 AM (Local Time)
- Weekend 2 Tournament Dates: March 25 and 26 (~4-7 PM Local, varies by region)
Introducing Party Chat
Party chat is a new chat channel that allows you to chat just to your pre-made party members. Chat channels indicate who will see the messages you send, which was previously limited to team and all chat. The chat console will now show the chat channels receiving your messages to the left of your chat bar. You can toggle between the different channels with commands or the [tab] key, and change which channels are active for you in your settings. For quick access to party chat you can use the /party, /pt, or /p commands. Incoming Party chat messages will be indicated with [Party] before the message. Party chat will be the default chat setting for new players.
New commands for /muteself and /deafen are available in-game. We have seen players use the automatic chat abuse detection and muting feature in order to mute themselves, which is a misuse of that system. Given players do want to use this functionality, we are providing ways for players to mute themselves without needing to use inappropriate language to do so.
- /muteself will prevent you from using text chat as well as notify other players you have muted yourself. You can undo this by using /muteself again
- /deafen will prevent you from using text chat AND prevent yourself from seeing chat from other players, as well as notify other players you have muted yourself. You can undo this by using /deafen again
In the 13.1 Patch Notes we mentioned that Refund Tokens would be deprecated due to internal technical challenges with supporting an older refund system. However, after some reassessment of the situation and a focused effort from our teams over the last several weeks, we’ve identified a path forward to maintain the refund token system that has been present prior to this year. We apologize for the mixed messaging, but ultimately want to thank you for your feedback on this. We also won’t be backtracking on the 3 refund tokens that we granted to each player at the beginning of the season.
As a quick refresher on the system: Players will accumulate one (1) refund token each year up to a max total of three (3) tokens per account. The same eligibility rules will apply and can be found in more detail on the support website.
With the preservation of this system, this means the next token refresh will occur at the start of Season 14.
Ranked progression at the beginning of a season starts out strong, but as it progresses it can become more difficult to see movement in your rank. We want to make it easier to move both up and down in rank so that your ranked journey is more eventful overall. Right now moving your rank can feel like pushing a boulder up a hill, so our goal is that if you have a solid session you’ll get to see your rank increase. Ranked hasn’t had large changes in a while now, so as usual, we’re open to your feedback and may make further changes down the road. If you want to learn more about the relationship between MMR and rank, check out this player support article.
- LP win and loss amount when your visible rank approximately matches your MMR from 15 ⇒ 22. All gain and loss values are increased across the board.
A duo in a match has more of an advantage over the solo players in their match than they should right now, so we’re making a change which should result in them being put in games with higher skilled players on both sides. We’ll continue to monitor and may nudge this value over the next few patches.
- Slightly increased the skill rating in matchmaking for duo players in Ranked Solo/Duo.
- Split point progression will now be shown on the ranked end-of-game progression screen.
Mythic Shop Rotation
- Prestige K/DA ALL OUT Kai’Sa
- Prestige Coven Zyra
- Mythic Chroma Project Ashe
Leaving the Mythic Shop
- Prestige Dragonmancer Volibear
- Prestige K/DA Ahri
- Mythic Chroma Storm Dragon Lee Sin
Bugfixes & QoL Changes
- Rune recommendations have been added to the standard rune page editor.
- The rune recommender will now remember which role you selected until you switch champions.
- Rune page selection defaults to the temporary slot if a recommended page was used in the prior game instead of your first permanent rune page. If no rune page has been selected, a recommended page will be randomly selected 6 seconds before the end of champion select.
- Improved audio of the rune recommender and champion select.
- Reworked pick order and champion swapping UI for greater clarity. Pick order swapping has a new interaction, while champion swapping has been reverted to what it was before pick order swapping was introduced.
- Fixed a bug that caused All Chat to show up as [[All]] instead of [All].
- Fixed a bug that caused Kayle to permanently lose attack speed from certain AP sources after hitting level 16.
- Fixed a bug that caused the end-of-game screen to not display total wards placed.
- Fixed a bug that caused Varus’ W – Blighted Quiver to not display stack VFX on enemies that temporarily disappeared from vision.
- Fixed a bug that caused summoner spell recommendations to occasionally be incorrect.
- Fixed a bug that caused the number of Control Wards in your inventory to not be displayed correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused Poppy’s R – Keeper’s Verdict to have a shorter knock up duration than intended #JusticeforHammers
- Fixed a bug that caused K’Sante the travel the full charge distance for his W – Path Maker if he channeled a recall during the ability.
- Fixed a bug that caused Rell’s E – Attract and Repel to sometimes give multiple stacks of armor to allies.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Kai’Sa’s next basic attack to not consume plasma stacks after using her E – Supercharge.
- Fixed a bug that caused Orianna’s R – Command: Shockwave to move enemies further away from the ball if her ultimate was cast on the enemy’s exact location.
- Fixed a bug that caused Tahm Kench’s R – Devour to break ally Dr. Mundo and Malzahar passive spell shields.
- Fixed a bug that caused jungle camps to share XP if an ally is 0 units away from the monster when slain.
- Fixed a bug that caused shop purchase sound effects to not play in specific situations, especially when spam clicking.
- Fixed a bug that caused Mythic item VFX to play even when a mythic item was not being purchased.
- Fixed a bug that caused Jarvan’s W – Golden Aegis tooltip calculation to not account for its new AD ratio.
- Fixed a bug that caused Kassadin’s E – Force Pulse sound effect to not play when it was ready to be cast.
- Fixed a bug that caused Qiyana’s passive cooldown to not apply to her target when casting Q > W > Q rapidly.
- Fixed a bug that caused Aurelion Sol’s R – The Skies Descend shockwave to be delayed or canceled if using Zhonya’s while casting.
- Fixed a bug that caused Ivern’s base skin to not play multiple voice lines.
- Fixed a bug that caused the red ring indicator for Nami’s Q – Aqua Prison to be difficult to see for enemies.
- Fixed a bug that caused K’Sante to be able to use his W – Path Make while in Stasis due to Zhonya’s or Stopwatch.
- Fixed a bug that caused Bel’Veth’s E – Maelstrom sound effect to repeatedly only play the initial sound effect throughout the duration.
- Fixed a bug that caused some Ezreal skins to not display the critical strike on-hit visual effects.
- Fixed a bug that caused swapping one item in your inventory with another item that had a cooldown would reflect the items cooldown over the moved item.
- Fixed a bug that caused Jak’Sho’s in-game descriptions to display the value of damage from it’s passive instead of its scaling.
- Added a sound effect which will now play when Seraph’s Embrace’s Lifeshield is proc’d.
- Fixed a bug that caused Eclipse/Syzgy visual effects for the item’s passive to play, even if the item had already been sold.
- Fixed a bug that caused Fizz’s Q – Urchin Strike to not apply any spell effects unless W had already been learned.
- Fixed a bug that caused Tibbers to sometimes not attack the target closest to its cast location.
- Fixed a bug that caused Lee Sin’s W – Safeguard to not grant allies shields after he cast his 2nd Q into Baron’s hitbox.
- Fixed a bug that caused Pyke’s “Your Cut” to display a sell price despite not being sellable.
- Fixed a bug that caused Teemo’s Mushrooms to visually multiply if her threw a shroom while standing on top of another shroom.
- Fixed a bug that caused Aether Wisp’s movement speed effect to remain a few seconds after the item had been sold.
- Fixed a bug that caused Radiant Virtue’s percent heal number in the item tooltip to be inaccurate.
- Fixed a bug that caused champions to be able to escape Mordekaiser’s R – Death Realm under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug that caused Malzahar’s E – Malefic Visions to not proc Manaflow Band if it spreads multiple times.
- Fixed a bug that caused Gangplank’s R – Cannon Barrage upgrades to not display tooltips when hovered over.
- Fixed a bug that caused Xerath’s emote sound effects to keep playing if he has interrupted the animation part way through.
- Fixed a bug that caused Ezreal’s capes on a few skins to not act like capes.
- Fixed a bug that caused Ornn’s passive to make a lower-grade item disappear if it was in the slot right in front of Ornn’s mythic item.
- Fixed a bug that caused AoE abilities like Gragas Q or Lux E to reveal the caster from Fog of War, even if the ability did not deal damage.
- Fixed a bug that caused Bel’Veth’s E and R animations to stutter if she queued her E while casting R.
Skin Specific Fixes
- PROJECT: Senna: Her gun no longer disappears during R- Dawning Shadow cast
- Prestige Porcelain Lissandra: Visibility of the fog around her body is no longer affected by the camera zoom
- Battlecast Alpha Skarner: Restored red glow on chainsaw teeth after hitting an enemy with Q – Crystal Slash
- Academy Ahri Ahriversary Chroma: Fixed missing eyes texture
- Kha’Zix (Classic, Mecha, Death Blossom Skins): Champion’s model no longer disappears while evolving R – Void Assault
- Star Guardian Janna: Restored VFX overlay on enemy hit with W – Zephyr
- Infernal Nasus: Restored VFX overlay appearing for the moment while casting R – Fury of the Sands
- Crime City Twitch: Restored basic attack & Spray and Pray projectiles’ visibility
- Battle Wolf Sylas: several particle types (e.g Sheen, Teemo’s Poison) are once again properly aligned with his body parts
- Bewitching Poppy: restored proper animation speeds for Fast Run and Homeguard
- Mythmaker Galio: R – Heroes Entrance VFX Decal’s visibility in the river has been improved
Aurelion Sol Bugfixes and QoL Updates
- Fixed a bug that caused Astral Flight takeoff to stop The Skies Descend’s shockwave from happening.
- Canceling Breath of Light + Astral Flight with a move command now properly sets Breath of Light cooldown to 0.
- Only Aurelion Sol’s Breath of Light (Astral Flight) has 0 cooldown during flight (sorry Viego).
- Aurelion Sol’s execution health bar indicator should now show on champion clones.
- Singularity’s damage over time will now be properly removed regardless of which dimension (Mordekaiser’s Death Realm) the target is in.
- Casting Astral Flight into an outer wall when right next to it will no longer permanently prevent the ability from being cast.
- Aurelion Sol’s Breath of Light will no longer get stuck in states where it is being cast while the button is no longer being held down when using Quick Cast.
- When casting Astral Flight with a large amount of Stardust towards the edge of the map, Aurelion Sol’s flight path will no longer be at an incorrect angle.
- Breath of Light is no longer able to be spam tapped.
- Canceling Breath of Light within 0.25 seconds of casting the ability now locks the ability for 1 second.
- Updated Breath of Light below the line text to reflect Breath of Light lockout on cancellation.
- Casting Singularity, Falling Star, or The Skies Descend outside of cast range during Astral Flight now will instead cast them at max range.
- Casting Singularity, Falling Star, or The Skies Descend within 200 units of cast range when not in Astral Flight will cast the ability at max range rather than making Aurelion Sol move to a closer location.
- When Aurelion Sol is able to cast The Skies Descend there is a global chat message sent to both teams.
- SFX updates for champ select, and the storm dragon and ashen lord skins.
- Fixed a bug that caused Mecha Aurelion Sol’s Pink Chroma to use base ultimate impact visual effects.
- Fixed a bug that caused Aurelion Sol’s E -Singularity to repeat damage in the area, even after the ability had faded away.
- Fixed a bug that caused Aurelion Sol’s Q – Breath of Light to continue channeling even after the button had been released.
- Fixed a bug that caused mecha Aurelion Sol’s sound effects to play too loudly.
- Fixed a bug that caused Aurelion Sol’s ability descriptions to not show up in death recap.
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
The following skins will be released in this patch:
The following chromas will be released this patch: