Passive heal decreased.
Aatrox’s Passive not only gives him tons of damage, but also tons of healing when Lethality amplifies his percent max health damage. While the Eclipse nerfs last patch did weaken him a little, he’s still too powerful when picking up Eclipse and Goredrinker. We’re taking his healing down a notch so that he’ll need to rely more on landing skillshots to sustain himself.
Passive – Deathbringer Stance
- Heal: 100% of post-mitigation damage ⇒ 80% of post-mitigation damage
E duration increased.
Haven’t you always wanted to swing around a tower forever? Well now you can. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
E – Heroic Swing
- Swing Duration: 3 seconds ⇒ infinite
- Fixed some bugs that would cause Akshan to spin in place when using his E in certain locations. We’re still hammering out all of these locations, but this should be a noticeable improvement.
Base AD decreased, base attack speed decreased. Passive shield adjusted. W damage to monsters increased. E damage to champions decreased.
Last patches changes succeeded in getting players to give jungle Blitzcrank a try. Unfortunately, it’s still not as strong as we’d like it to be. On the other hand, the changes unintentionally supercharged his strength as a support. We’re tweaking his numbers in a way that should nerf his support strength and increase his jungle power.
- Base AD: 62 ⇒ 60
- Base Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.625
Passive – Mana Barrier
- Shield Amount: 30% of maximum mana ⇒ 15-45% of maximum mana (levels 1-18)
W – Overdrive
- Damage to Monsters: 60-180 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 60-220 (levels 1-18) (note: no longer scales linearly, scaling is as follows: 60/80/100/120/140/160/165/170/175/180/185/190/195/200/205/210/215/220)
E – Power Fist
- Empowered Auto Attack Damage against Champions: 200% total AD (+ 25% AP) ⇒ 175% total AD (+ 25% AP)
- Damage to Non-Champions: unchanged
- newTo the Moon: Blitzcrank now has a chance to uppercut monsters to the moon when overkilling them
Human form Q range adjusted.
Elise’s Q range is currently slightly shorter than her auto attack range which leads to an awkward half step when she Q-autos enemies. This range adjustment should make her combos feel much smoother and, even though the number went down, this should result in a slight range increase, especially against larger enemies.
Q – Neurotoxin
- Cast Range: 625 ⇒ 575
- Range Detection: Edge of Elise to center of target’s hitbox ⇒ center of Elise to edge of target’s hitbox
Q bonus damage to marked targets increased. W charm duration increased.
Evelynn’s been feeling invisible compared to her fellow AP assassins, so we’re giving her some more burst power in her higher counterplay abilities so she can take her enemy’s breath away… permanently. Or at least until they respawn.
Q – Hate Spike
- Bonus Magic Damage to Marked Targets: 10/20/30/40/50 (+25% AP) ⇒ 15/25/35/45/55 (+25% AP)
W – Allure
- Charm Duration: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds ⇒ 1.25/1.5/1.75/2/2.25 seconds
Q base damage increased.
Gwen hasn’t been scary in quite a while as she currently needs to get into late game to start gaining an edge over her opponents. We’re sharpening her mid-game power a tad to help her better compete with other, similar fighters.
Q – Snip Snip!
- Damage per Snip: 10/14/18/22/26 (+5% AP) ⇒ 10/15/20/25/30 (+5% AP)
- Final Snip Damage: 60/80/100/120/140 (+35% AP) ⇒ 60/85/110/135/160 (+35% AP)
W mana restoration increased. R bonus magic resist and armor now scales with bonus attack damage.
As a late game Jayce, it can be a little scary to swap to your hammer and jump straight into the enemy team. We’re giving him some small buffs to his durability in the late game and giving him some more tools to play with in his hammer form.
W – Lightning Field
- Mana Restoration: 6/8/10/12/14/16 ⇒ 10/12/14/16/18/20
R – Transform Mercury Hammer
- Bonus Armor and Magic Resist: 5/15/25/35 ⇒ 5/15/25/35 (+ 7.5% bonus AD)
E bonus attack speed adjusted.
Ninjas don’t have limits and neither should Kennen.
E – Lightning Rush
- newShadow Shuriken Jutsu: After ending his E, Kennen’s bonus attack speed buff will now allow him to surpass the 2.5x attack speed limit
Passive healing based on maximum health decreased. R cooldown increased late.
Maokai’s update has led to him taking root across several roles, but his roots run deepest (and strongest) in the top lane. We’re trimming down his sustain in the mid-to-late game and upping his ultimate cooldown to hedge his strength.
Passive – Sap Magic
- Healing Based on Maximum Health: + 4.5% – 12% (based on level) maximum health ⇒ + 4% – 10% (based on level) maximum health (note: maximum health ratio will now be 4%, 5%, 6%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 10% at levels 1, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, and 17)
R – Nature’s Grasp
- Cooldown: 120/100/80 ⇒ 120/110/100
W self slow removed. R dash speed increased.
A bugfix in 12.19 to Rammus’ W resulted in a sizable nerf to everyone’s favorite Armordillo. We’re removing some of his training weights so that now he’ll be even faster. That said, we’ll be keeping an eye out to make sure he’s still speedy and tanky and adjust as needed.
W – Defensive Ball Curl
- Self Slow: 30% ⇒ 0% (Removed)
R – Soaring Slam
- Dash Speed: 105% of Move Speed ⇒ 110% of Move Speed
Base magic resist decreased. Passive health regeneration decreased early, right punch AD ratio increased.
Sett is the boss. The boss is always on top. He isn’t happy being in the middle of the pack, or the middle of the map. So we’re tuning his numbers so that his mid lane strength is a bit weaker without affecting his top lane strength.
- Magic Resist: 32 ⇒ 28
Passive – Pit Grit
- Health Regeneration per 5% of Missing Health: 0.25/0.5/1/2 ⇒ 0.15/0.5/1/2
- Right Punch AD Ratio: 50% bonus AD ⇒ 55% bonus AD
R AD ratio increased.
Right now Wukong’s damage output is actually greater if he ends his ult before it times out which feels pretty bad. We’re putting some more strength into his ultimate so that the Monkey King can spin to win for the full duration of his ultimate.
R – Cyclone
- Physical Damage per Cast: 8/12/16% of target’s maximum health (+ 220% AD) ⇒ 8/12/16% of target’s maximum health (+ 275% AD)
Q base damage increased.
Ziggs has been struggling to blast off this year and finds himself in need of a little extra explosive power in his kit. We’re packing his bombs with a bit more powder so he should find more success shoving lane for more map priority.
Q – Bouncing Bomb
- Magic Damage: 85/135/185/235/285 (+ 65% AP) ⇒ 95/145/195/245/295 (+ 65% AP)
Demonic Embrace is functioning well for AP bruisers and ranged Damage over time champions, but it’s performing too well on full tanks like Zac, Amumu, and Udyr to name a few. We’re skewing its power to be more AP heavy so that it’s roughly the same on primary users and slightly nerfed for pure tank users.
- Health: 450 ⇒ 350
- Ability Power: 60 ⇒ 70
- Ranged Burn Damage per Tick: 1% maximum health ⇒ 0.8% maximum health
Frozen Heart has been a strong tank item for the majority of the season, however it’s recently popped up as an early rush item on non-tanks. We’re reducing its base damage reduction to make it better synergize with tanks, and upping the gold cost so non-tanks will have to delay their damage items longer if they want to build it.
- Total Cost: 2500 ⇒ 2700
- Combine Cost: 600 ⇒ 800
- Armor: 80 ⇒ 90
- Rock Solid Damage Reduction: 7 (+ 3.5 per 1000 health) ⇒ 5 (+ 3.5 per 1000 health)
While we’ve buffed Mortal Reminder to be a better Grievous Wounds item, it still competes directly with Phantom Dancer in terms of stats for ADC’s weighing their options. We’re emphasizing its AD component more so it can stand out against Phantom Dancer’s attack speed and move speed offerings.
- Total Cost: 2500 ⇒ 2600
- Attack Damage: 25 ⇒ 35
- Attack Speed: 25% ⇒ 20%
Sterak’s has fallen behind Death’s Dance as a preferred juggernaut/fighter item since champions aren’t as worried about getting immediately burst down. We’re buffing this item to make it more relevant to juggernauts so that it will still be taken into consideration when deciding on their itemizations.
- The Claws that Catch bonus AD: 45% base AD ⇒ 50% base AD
- Lifeline Shield Amount: 75% Bonus Health decaying over 3.75 seconds ⇒ 80% Bonus Health decaying over 4.5 seconds
Players in higher skill brackets are getting significantly more value out of the attack range increase to the point that it’s warping the meta to an unhealthy degree. This keystone is primarily meant to be an attack speed rune, so we’re bringing its range down.
- Bonus Auto Attack Range: 50 for melee champions, 75 for ranged ⇒ 50 for melee and ranged champions
Zero-tolerance language will now be detected live and in-game. When detected, these messages will not be sent to other players, the offending player will be system muted, and all players will be notified.
With our growing confidence in feeding detection, we’re increasing the strictness of the model for high-level play in Ranked Solo/Duo. We’ll continue evaluating play in other queues and make adjustments as necessary.
Recently honored players will now be visible in the Add Friend and Friend Requests menus. We want to make sure it’s easy to keep playing with those players you’ve enjoyed playing with in the past!
A new batch of Event Missions has arrived. Continue to make progress on your Event Pass with the Tales from the Rift narrative missions which will be available to all players. Enjoy the party!
Mythic Chroma Icon Updates
We heard your feedback loud and clear! Mythic Chroma Icons are receiving updates to standardize their features. Moving forward, all Mythic Chroma Icons will feature the following:
- Portrait with new colors that reflect changes to the skin
- New summoner icon if the original skin did not have a matching icon OR did not have an icon that features their portrait
- No decorative border
- Naming standardization – Skin Name Mythic Chroma Icon
Icons receiving changes in patch 12.20 include:
- Ashen Conqueror Pantheon Mythic Chroma Icon
- Ashen Knight Pyke Mythic Chroma Icon
- Battle Academia Ezreal Mythic Chroma Icon
- Final Boss Veigar Mythic Chroma Icon
- Star Guardian Jinx Mythic Chroma Icon
Mythic Shop Rotation
In this Mythic Shop rotation, we’ll have two Unvaulted Prestige skins and a Mythic Chroma.
- Prestige Bewitching Miss Fortune
- Prestige Coven LeBlanc
- Mythic Chroma High Noon Senna
Leaving the Mythic Shop
- Prestige Battle Academia Leona
- Prestige PsyOps Ezreal
- Searching for a champion by typing their name in champion select will automatically clear any currently selected role filters
- Fixed a bug that was causing HP bar visual issues on champions like Kled or Galio to only show the top half of the bonus/shielded health
- Fixed a bug that was causing Gragas’ ultimate airborne effect to last for a shorter duration than intended
- Fixed a bugged interaction with Fiora’s W and Darius’ Passive that caused the bleed to deal 1 true damage at the end of the duration of Fiora’s W despite being properly parried
- Fixed a bug that caused Syndra to not gain Splinters of Wrath when getting minion credit from an ally’s support item
- Fixed a bug that was causing Viego’s empowered auto attacks to be audible from the Fog of War
- Fixed a bug that was causing players to not receive the “Wave Goodbye” challenge after killing 20 minions within 3 seconds
- Fix a bug that was causing “The Jukes” Challenge to not progress when dodging 5 skillshots quickly
- Fixed a bug that was causing “The Disrespect” Challenge to behave incorrectly when players used champions with clone abilities
- Fixed a bug that was causing Rekindled Eternals’ personal best appear as locked when it was hovered over
- Fixed a bug that was causing Mythic Item borders to appear on other items if the items were moved around within players’ inventories
- Fixed a bug where clicking on the “X” button while search is open in the shop would only close the search function and not the entire shop interface
- Updated the Challenges token menu to sort correctly by rarity under the Identity Customization menu when using filters
- Updated the Challenges title menu to sort correctly by time earned under the Identity Customization menu when using filters